You are being asked to voluntarily participate in this research project investigating verbal learning and motivation.
1) For these studies you will be asked to:
a. Remember and recall words that are paired with one another
b. Complete several motivation and personality measures
2) Dr. Darcy Reich is in charge of the project (806-742-3711, ex 237). She works in the Department of Psychology at TTU. You can contact her if you have questions about the research.
3) No potential harm to you is foreseen in the current study and this study has been approved by the Texas Tech University Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects (IRB Protocol # 502917)
4) Your participation is appreciated. Completing this research project should take about 45 minutes. No one but Dr. Reich, and her assistants will see the information you provide in these studies. Your responses will be recorded without your name, making it impossible for others to link your responses to you.
5) Doing this study is completely up to you. During this study, if anything makes you uncomfortable, you may skip it. You can withdraw your participation at any time without penalty by simply closing your browser. You do not give up any legal rights by participating in this study.
6) If you have any concerns about the study, Dr. Darcy Reich or Adam Randell will answer any questions you have. For questions about your rights as a participant or about injuries caused by this research, contact the Texas Tech University Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects, Office of Research Services, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79409. Or you can call (806) 742-3884.